Protective bandaging

I got a pretty fair history of (luckily mostly) minor injuries. Most of them were a result of my exerting physical efforts in various sports activities that I got to taste, some perhaps also to my sometimes explorative and temperate nature... who could tell in cases like that, right?

The usual 'punishment' was usualy a loooong non-willing time out form my favorite activity. Until I realized and learned the problem could be coped with otherwise as well. As a student of Physiotherapy I decided to choose a different approach.

Giving my sprained left thumb enough time and direct tactile stimulation to heal on its own to some extent - then directly protecting it from repeating injury with a carefully fitted bandage.
I was missing from the courts & climbing walls for only a few days, untill the acute injury faded somewhat - in such cases, the RIGHT training is SAFE, FUNCTIONAL training !

No comments: