The World Cup TOUR 07'

Italy. Switzerland. Romania. These countries hosted this years ice climbing world cup competitions. 3 nations, 3 languages, 3 completely different civilizational settings.


I managed to get into hard-core shape once again and attended all of them in a competitive frame of mind - this year for the first time as a member of the Slovenian ice climbing team.

The comps were brutaly demanding from the very start and I had to employ all my past experience and physical preparation to cope with the posted challenges.














All of them seemed somewhat easier this time round. Perhaps I was looking at them from a different perspective, relied on a more intense energy or simply managed to bond my experience and views with my friends & co-climbers.

The results weren't lacking as I progressed with every competition, finishing off with one of the best performances of the season.



It has been one fine adventure, another true voyage - with the "count Dracula'stic" Romania to fill up the jar.


We'll see what the spring will bring us...

No comments: